Bella Stone Designs is a leading stone, terrazzo, and porcelain fabrication company in Louisville, Kentucky. Bella was founded in 2003 to address the growing demand for quality craftsmanship in the fabrication and installation of countertops and specialty stone products in both the residential and commercial markets. As part of the Rosa Mosaic Group, Bella embraces the Group’s core values and strives to attain stellar customer satisfaction on every project by collaborating with the region’s finest specifiers, general contractors, builders, and millwork companies. Bella’s core culture is demonstrated by its employees as they embrace accountability, practice relentless improvement, do the right thing, and inspire commitment to these values and Bella’s customers.
The CAD/CAM Editor/Programmer (“Editor”) is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day production of final CAD/CAM drawings for customer product design, accurate field measurements, and fabrication. The ideal candidate has previous experience working with a team of CAD design professionals, collaborating with project teams, and supporting a fabrication operation with CAM equipment. The Editor reports to the Operations Manager or Senior CAD Designer-Editor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Analyze sales orders, customer selection sheets, template drawings, job site pictures, and
other project information to determine final dimensions, configuration of cuts/cut-outs,
design details, special shop set-ups, selection of tools, machine speeds, and vein matching
for material layout.
• Enhance and/or modify templators’ drawings for accurate fabrication and installation.
• Obtain and/or review required dimensional and design information from appliance, sink,
faucet, and other third-party products necessary to successfully integrate products.
• Complete fabrication drawings for residential business customers to approve.
• Communicate modifications and amendments to drawings with Project Coordinator.
• Complete shop drawings for commercial projects as part of submittal package for customer to
• Create drawing files for computer aided manufacturing equipment.
• Complete shop manufacturing orders for fabrication.
• Complete installation and setting drawings for installation crews.
• Observe operation of shop equipment and set-ups to confirm the CAM model, toolpath, machine
parameters, and layout for pieces is optimized for efficiency and quality.
• Interact with production and installation teams to deliver first quality products.
• Keep supervisor informed of project issues and opportunities as presented.
• Maintain accurate and contemporaneous documentation to assist in controlling and evaluating
programming and editor operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Keen attention to details with a persistent and disciplined work style.
• Ability to analyze problems, dissect into parts, and identify reasonable path for solution.
• Energized – works with a sense of urgency and positive attitude when engaging with others.
• Passionate – guided daily by the group’s mission and core values.
• Communicator – establishes trust with customers and colleagues.
• Accurate – exhibits the group’s quality commitment to “do it once, do it right”.
• Substantial – aptitude for timeliness, documentation, and organization.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Computer Aided Drafting function.
• Capable in performing material quantity take-offs for commercial projects.
• Candidates possessing experience in fabrication of natural/engineered stone or other
architectural products especially with CAD/CAM and machine set up experience.
• Competent in Microsoft Office suite of products, email, CAD, CAM, and ERP cloud-based