Bella Stone Designs is a leading stone fabrication company in Louisville, Kentucky. Bella was founded in 2003 to address the growing demand for quality craftsmanship in the fabrication and installation of countertops and specialty stone products in both the residential and commercial markets. Bella strives to attain stellar customer satisfaction on every project by collaborating with the region’s finest specifiers, general contractors, builders, and millwork companies.
The ideal Templator/CAD Operator (TCO) will have experience in the building trade and must be able to accurately read and interpret measurements taken with the laser and verified with a tape measure. The TCO will be solely responsible for the accuracy of field measurements, creating a CAD drawing of each project, and completing work orders based on customer specifications. They will travel from job site to job site and interact with homeowners and contractors. The TCO must be detail-oriented, effective problem solvers, and focused on providing a superior customer service experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Proactively review the templating schedule and prepare for all upcoming projects. This includes understanding material selections and layout.
- Arrive at scheduled appointments within the agreed-upon and scheduled window of time.
- Measure using laser equipment and use a computer-assisted drawing software to convert designs into technical drawings that exhibit detail and specifications for fabricating and installation through field measurements.
- Complete drawings by making notations for all required measurements, polished edges, cutouts, radius corners, and any other necessary specifications desired by the customer for the job.
- Work with and communicate with our customers regarding job layout, material selection, details, and maintenance.
- Confirm any missing information (such as missing faucet specs, missing cooktop specs, etc.) regarding the job with an onsite customer or job superintendent.
- Provide critical information to the customer concerning the templating and installation process.
- Communicate with clients to confirm arrival times, job site issues, and project procedures/protocols.
- Communicate any relevant information about the job to the project coordinator, salesperson, operations staff, or production staff on a timely basis.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and photos to hand off to CAD/CAM Editor within 24 hours from the time of templating.
- Service installations that require remediation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strategic – sound skills for vetting the merit of alternative solutions and potential opportunities with the discipline to identify and implement changes.
- Energized – works with a sense of urgency and a positive attitude when engaging with others.
- Passionate – guided daily by the group’s mission and core values.
- Leader – easily moves others to action by planning and organizing the work, with a strong focus on training and motivating others and establishing a cadence for frequent interaction with employees.
- Communicator – establishes trust with customers, employees, vendors, and colleagues.
- Accurate – exhibits the group’s quality commitment to “do it once, do it right.”
- Trustworthy – ability to work discreetly and honorably with confidential information.
- Content – an aptitude for timeliness, documentation, and organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience with CAD drawing software.
- Other software experience should entail Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to:
- Learn and operate a laser templator.
- Read and comprehend instructions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Visualize details in three-dimensional spaces and translate into a two-dimensional drawing.
- Read a tape measure and convert fractions into decimals.
- Solve problems in various situations to stay within budget, keep the project on schedule, and attain stellar customer satisfaction.
- The position will require daily physical activity. The maximum weight required to be lifted will be less than 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Bella will reimburse mileage at the current federal rate.